Bachelor of Education or B.Ed. is a 2-year undergraduate teaching program that is needed to become a teacher at pre-nursery, nursery, primary, secondary and senior secondary schools. For B.Ed. Admission 2021, students have to score an aggregate of 50-55% in graduation from a recognized university and qualify the required entrance exam.
Bachelors of Education
About Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) Bachelors of Education, popularly referred as B. Ed., is a two-year full-time degree course that is essential for candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching and other related fields.
- (A) The B.Ed examination shall be open to only those graduates or postgraduates of Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, or any other recognized University who had been admitted to B.Ed courses strictly on the basis of their relative merit in Pre – B.Ed. entrance test conducted by Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, or any other University, on behalf of the Punjab Government or any other mechanism for admission devised by the affiliating university or Punjab Government whatever the case may be.
- (B) The minimum qualifying percentage score for B.Ed. admission shall be 50% at first or second degree level for general and reserved category (other than scheduled caste / scheduled tribes/backward classes). For scheduled caste / scheduled tribes /backward classes/categories the minimum qualifying percentage score for B.Ed admission shall be 45% at first or second-degree level.
- (C) A person who possesses the qualifications laid down in ordinances 5 and 6 has been on the rolls of a college affiliated for B.Ed degree course during the academic year preceding the examination shall be eligible to appear in the examination on the production of the following certificates signed by the principal of the college attended by him/ her
- Student of Good Character
- Of having undergone the course of training for the degree of Bachelor Of Education for one academic year at a college affiliated for this examination.
- Of having secured at least 40% marks in house examination ( theory and sessional work separately) in all the subject/ parts and their components as mentioned in the B.Ed syllabus.
- Of having attended not less than 45% of the lectures delivered in each subject in which he/she is to be examined, provided that the Principal of a College shall have the authority to condone shortage up to 5% in a subject shall be permitted to appear in the examination.
- A student who’s unable to appear in the examination owing to a shortage in the prescribed course of a lecture in the subject/sy be allowed to appear in the following examination, if he/she make up the deficiency in the subject/s concerned by attending the lecture at the concerned college and/or qualifies by securing requisite of marks in a special house examination.
- (D) If a student has completed the prescribed course does not appear in the examination, or has appeared in the examination, has failed may be allowed to reappear in the examination privately as a late college student in two consecutive years without attending a fresh course of instruction.
- (E) Every candidate shall submit his/her admission for the register through the Principal of the College he/she has most recently attended.
- The duration of B.Ed. the course shall be of two years as per NCTE Regulations, 2014, Notification on F.51-1/2014-NCTE (N&S) dated 28th November published in Gazette of India on 01st December 2014 and Govt. of Punjab Notification No.14/18/2011-3Edu.1/464275 dated 17.04.2015.
- The admission to various member education colleges of various universities located in the State of Punjab will be done strictly as per the norms laid down by NCTE and Govt. of Punjab.
- If a sufficient number of candidates belonging to reserved category (ies) are not available, the vacant seats will be offered to candidates in the open/general category. Likewise, if seats under 85% state categories remain vacant, these would be transferred to 15% All India category and vice-versa.
- The reservation of seats as given above shall be strictly adhered to. However, in case seats in the reserved category remain vacant on account of the non-availability of qualified candidates such seats may be filled up from the general category candidates.
- The admission of a total number of seats in the colleges of education for candidates belonging to different subjects will be done as per the norms laid down by N.C.T.E. as per clause 3.1 of the appendix i.e.,1-25 students per teacher for a school subject.
- The fee for the B.Ed. the course has been notified as recommended by the constituted Fee Fixation Committee and approved by the Federation of Self-Financed Colleges of Education (Regd.) Punjab.
- Fee for B.Ed. 2019-21: 25000/- Per Semester (Excluding University Examination Fee
- Fee for B.Ed. 2020-22: 25000/- Per Semester (Excluding University Examination Fee)
- The exact date of classes for B.Ed. course in the colleges under this counseling will be intimated on website http://angelscollege-edu.com/
- Detail information about the admission session 2020-22 process is available at the website http://angelscollege-edu.com/