Bachelor of Education or B.Ed. is a 2-year undergraduate teaching program that is needed to become a teacher at pre-nursery, nursery, primary, secondary and senior secondary schools. For B.Ed. Admission 2021, students have to score an aggregate of 50-55% in graduation from a recognized university and qualify the required entrance exam.
Bachelors of Education
About Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) Bachelors of Education, popularly referred as B. Ed., is a two-year full-time degree course that is essential for candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching and other related fields.
- Candidates with at least 50 % marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s degree or any other qualification declared equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- The reservation in seats and relaxation in the qualifying marks in favor of the reserved categories shall be as per rules of the concerned Govt. of Punjab. The above norms are as per Para 3(2) of Appendix IV of N.C.T.E. Notification No. F-51F1/2007-N.C.T.E (N&S) dated 27-11-2007.
Note-i):- Any candidate with less than 50% or less marks would not be eligible.
Note-ii):- There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in favor of SC/BC of candidates. Candidate with less than 45% marks belonging to these categories shall not be eligible.
Provided that such minimum qualifying marks shall not automatically entitle a candidate to get admission in an institution but only entitle the candidate concerned to fulfill other institutional criteria notified by the institution concerned or by the Government concerned from time to time to apply for admission.
- Candidate must have studied the major subject of the subject combination for at least three years at Bachelor’s level/Master’s level. Honors students shall opt for major subject in which they have obtained Honors, the minor subject should have been studied at least for one year
- In case of students who have done Honors in Languages such as Hindi, Punjabi and English, the major subject will be language. Such candidates would be allotted minor subject by the college on the basis of other subject option/s permissible to the candidate by the respective University and the availability of the same in the respective college.
1. B.Sc. (Medical):
2. B.Sc. (Non-Medical):
- Physical Science-Language
3. B.Sc. (Home Science) :
4. B.C.A./B.Sc.-I.T. Graduate :
- Computer Sci-Language
- Computer Sci-Math
5. Arts graduates (B.A.):
- Physical Education-Language
- Math- Language
- History- Language
- Home Science-Language
6. B.A. Honors (Language)
- English-Minor (Possible & Available in college)
- Hindi- Minor (Possible & Available in college)
- Punjabi- Minor (Possible & Available in college)
- Language (major) – Language (minor)
7. B.E., B.Tech.
*Teaching of Social Studies shall be opted by the graduates who have taken up any two of the following subjects at B.A./M.A. level:-
(i) History, (ii) Geography, (iii) Political Science, (iv) Sociology, (v) Economics, (vi) Public Administration, (vii) Philosophy, (viii) Psychology, (ix) Education, (x) Defense Studies, (xi) Religious Studies, (xii) Social Work, (xiii) Community Education
- The duration of B.Ed. course shall be of two years as per NCTE Regulations, 2014, Notification on F.51-1/2014-NCTE (N&S) dated 28th November published in Gazette of India on 01st December 2014 and Govt. of Punjab Notification No.14/18/2011-3Edu.1/464275 dated 17.04.2015.
- The admission to various member education colleges of various universities located in the State of Punjab will be done strictly as per the norms laid down by NCTE and Govt. of Punjab.
- If a sufficient number of candidates belonging to reserved category (ies) are not available, the vacant seats will be offered to candidates in open/general category. Likewise, if seats under 85% state categories remain vacant, these would be transferred to 15% All India category and vice-versa.
- The reservation of seats as given above shall be strictly adhere to. However in case seats in reserve category remain vacant on account of non availability of qualified candidates such seats may be filled up from the general category candidates.
- The admission of total number of seats in the colleges of education for candidates belonging to different subjects will be done as per the norms laid down by N.C.T.E. as per clause 3.1 of the appendix i.e.,1-25 students per teacher for a school subject.
- The fee for the B.Ed. course has been notified as recommended by the constituted Fee Fixation Committee and approved by the Federation of Self Financed Colleges of Education (Regd.) Punjab.
- Fee for B.Ed. 2019-21 : 25000/- Per Semester (Excluding University Examination Fee
- Fee for B.Ed. 2020-22 : 25000/- Per Semester (Excluding University Examination Fee)
- The exact date of classes for B.Ed. course in the colleges under this counseling will be intimated on website http://angelscollege-edu.com/
- Detail information about the admission session 2020-22 process is available at the website http://angelscollege-edu.com/